Shop Whale of a Sale
This is where Indy’s smart, savvy and sensible moms shop.
Expect to find brand name items in excellent condition from: Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Stride Rite, Crewcuts, GAP, Children’s Place, Matilda Jane, Tea, Crazy 8, Baby Lulu, Polo Ralph Lauren, Mini Boden, Pea in the Pod, Carter’s, The Children’s Place, Peg Perego, Pottery Barn Kids, Maclaren, Joovy, Graco, Bugaboo, Fisher Price, Leapfrog, Step 2, Wii, Nintendo, boutique brands and more!
While You Shop:
- Personal items, such as strollers or diaper bags may be tagged to identify them as your property upon your entry to the sale.
- Large items have a hold tag for your shopping convenience. Once you pay and get your tag stamped at checkout, you can pick your item up.
- Whale of a Sale does not own the merchandise being sold and asks that items are not “played with” by your children until purchased.
- Cash, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
- Indiana sales tax will be applied to all purchases.
- All sales are final. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check that items are satisfactory prior to purchase. It is the intent of Whale of a Sale (not a guarantee) to offer only non-recalled items, items in working condition and that pass CPSC safety guidelines. We are not liable in any way for items purchased at the sale.
What to Expect
Items to Expect:
- Shoes and accessories in great condition, children’s clothing- NB to Junior
- Maternity Clothing
- Cloth Diapers (New and like new-individually inspected)
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Books and DVDs, Indoor and Outdoor Play Equipment, Bikes and Ride-ons
- Equipment including high chairs, pack and plays, swings, strollers, exersaucers, bouncy chairs, jumpers, monitors, bathtubs
- Furniture including beds, dressers, rocking chairs, changing tables and cribs (No drop side cribs & must have been manufactured within the last 5 years with manufacturer’s information)
- Seasonal items including Halloween costumes, Easter outfits
Items NOT Being Sold:
- Car seats (liability issues)
- Drop side cribs
- Any item with stains, odors, tears, smoke, etc.
- Stuffed animals (unless electronic or new with tags)
- Potty chairs and diaper pails unless brand new
- Undergarments (unless new)
- Recalled items (check www.cpsc.gov)
- Consignors and Vendors receive passes to this exclusive event to shop before the public. There are a limited number of $10 passes for sale.
Allow time to shop: There will be thousands of items! Once you get inside, you’ll want time to look around.
Bring a laundry basket or reusable bag: A reusable bag will make it easier to carry your items. We will also have some XL IKEA bags to shop with while supplies last.
Use our hold process: If you see a large item that you wish to purchase, please remove the bottom copy of the tag and leave the item. Take the tag to checkout, pay for the item and then return to claim.
Be prepared to wait: The sale is largely run with volunteer help, and we work hard to keep lines moving. Still, there will be a wait for check out.
Don’t forget the 1/2 Price Hours: Most consignors allow their items to be sold for half price during the 1/2 Price Sale. Look for “REDUCE” on the tag to indicate half price. See our Shopping Schedule for 1/2 Price Sale hours.
Shop the Pre-Sale: Consignors, Volunteers, and Vendors receive passes to this exclusive event to shop before the public. A limited number of Pre-Sale passes will be available for purchase.
Purchase a Whale of a Sale-Indy South Shopping Bag: Every sale has exclusive offers for bag holders, such as early entrance, discounts and more!
Shop, save, have fun and feel good about “going green”!
“Unbelievably organized and easy to find items for your child’s specific age and gender.”– Holly
“I just wanted to let you know what a GREAT time I had at Whale of a Sale! The volunteers were all so gracious and helpful, the space was planned out very well, and the entire experience was very enjoyable!” –Kim
“The best Indianapolis baby and kids consignment sale ever! Outstanding prices and upscale name brands that are close to brand new and many NEW clothes and toys too. If you have kids and live in the Indy area, this is a must go to event!” –Laura
“This sale gets bigger and better each time. Good selection of upscale to “regular” brands.” –Sara